The words fly past me and above me...planes diving and crashing, and compensations...heavy compensations follow...
I want my compensation too...
I was stripped from the heart of my beloved father to continue down an unknown path of promised sweetness...there was no sweetness.
His bitter tears were all I tasted...they seemed mixed with the smog of the consecutive wars...the carbon bit my tongue...
He wants compensation.
In his grave, he wants to know why he was deprived of his childrens' warm proximity at older age...Why, in his grave, he yearns for a visit, and they will not come...
He wants compensations for the wars that scared them away...
My mother wants compensation too...The carbon in the air, almost stopped her heart...She is still breathing though. She wants compensation for the breaths she missed when she thought she was dead...
Ali wants compensation for his arms...They cannot bring them back to be like they used to. Ali hates the smell of plastic! Especially on his body. He especially wants compensation for all the smiles that his sisters were going to give him for the next 50 years of his growing up...Because that will not happen...

Popular posts from this blog

That Morning